Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Awkward, awkward....

That's what this feels like, the starting of a blog. Just awkward. Where do I start, what do I say first? Like I'm standing in a room of complete strangers, starting a new job. "Let's go around the room and introduce ourselves, tell us one thing that is interesting about you!!!", says the way over enthusiastic instructor. But what if I can't think of anything interesting? So let's just start with the basics: I'm Amanda, I'm 29, I've been married for 10 years, we have a 2 year old son, and I'm the owner of BleuRoo Handcrafted Sweetness. There is so much more, of course. I actually had a whole introductory post written out, ready to go. But at the last minute I scratched it, I didn't like the feel of it. Soooo, here I am, standing in front of all the strangers, with nothing to say. Except, thanks for checking in. I hope you come back often. I plan to use this space for a bit of both personal and business use. My goal is to post at least once a day. I wanna do some giveaways, post things that amuse me, maybe rant a time or two. Who knows? Okay, I'm boring myself now. There it is, the introduction. I promise the posts will only go uphill from here. I mean, really, how can they go any lower?
Wait, don't answer that....



(I apologize, this is where my mind is at right now. In a lounge chair, on the beach, with a good book and good drink, and no where to be for the foreseeable future. BTW, I took this picture of the beach that is located only like 40 minutes from my house. So close, yet sooooo far away.....)

10 comments:

  1. Great first post! The first post is always harrowing. :)
    I love the stuff in your etsy shop too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Nina! And I think a little piece of me died from cuteness overload when I saw this guy, http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22837430 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st post! That beach picture has me jealous (as I watch it snowing outside!)
    - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Kathy! I always say I'm super jealous of you guys who get snow, but looking at this picture I just can't seem to remember why....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Amanda! Welcome to the world of blogging! :-)
    I am loving your Etsy store!!! Beautiful :-) I'm looking forward to following your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Amanda :) My name is ladipo and I'm in college (oohh)

    No but seriously, Welcome to the blog world! Loving your post, and my mind it at the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogging. I'm still learning myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, welcome to blogging, the posts will get easier and come to you more naturally the more you do it! I just started blogging on blogspot a few months ago and now I want to blog about everything from baby poop to crafting. You're shop is fabulous and I bet your blog will be the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean! I've already had about 25 posts and yet I still feel awkward and gangly! Great first post. And good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one! I also love to respond :)