Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday Review ~Whiff and Sniff Candles~

I'm not a candle girl. I'm a tart girl! I absolutely LOVE my tart burners. Candles pale in comparison to me. Their scent throw is just not as good usually, and buying a whole candle is so much more commitment than just one single tart. For the price of one candle I could get 10-12 different scents and change them every few days! Yeah, I love variety and options.
I also love that there are a billion different burner styles out there, again a one up on candles. I currently have 5 different burners, each a different style. I enjoy walking from one room to the next, leaving one delicious scent and then entering another. My nose loves me :)
So, that's why I've chosen Whiff and Sniff Candles for my review today! Although the name is kind of misleading, considering I've just spent the first few lines downing candles and I chose a company with candle as part of their name. But Whiff and Sniff actually sell wax tarts, or as the owner Kim calls them, "Scent Shooters". They come in small plastic cups that you just pop out right into your burner.


Tarts are also referred to as "wickless candles", hence the candle in the shop name. I just refer to them as "aroma awesomeness". I've tried tons of different wax tarts over the years, and I can honestly say that Whiff and Sniff are my favorite, by far. They have a long lasting life and just amazing scent power. I use my tarts 3-4 separate burns, which for me is approximately 4-5 hours each burn. That's a lot of life! How long the tart lasts really depends on the scent.
So far, my absolute favorite scent ever is "Angry Aphrodite", which is a Whiff and Sniff original. Kim's description of Angry Aphrodite is
"A sweet musky bouquet of mandarin orange, bergamot, and tangerine enhanced by hints of fresh peaches, strawberries, raspberries, cotton candy, and sugary caramels. Love Spell and Pink Sugar basically had a baby and we named it Angry Aphrodite."
It's seriously one of the most delicious scents I've ever burned in either tart or candle form. I also enjoy "She's My Cherry Pie" and "Dee's Dessert".
Kim also puts together different packs of 12 different scents. Right now she has a Slammin' Summer Pack that I believe will be my next indulgence. Every single scent sounds amazing and right up my alley. I love fruity, clean, and sweet scents.
The newest scent offering is a fabulously Easter inspired scent called "Pink Peep Cupcakes". And there is also a charity scent, Blueberry a la Mode, in honor of The American Cancer Society Relay For Life®. 100% of the proceeds made off this scent will go towards Kim's relay team's goal.

The price of the wax shooters is great for the amount of life you get out of them. Single shooters are $1 each, with the special 12 packs priced at a great $10 each.
To find out more about wax tarts and Whiff and Sniff in general, check out their FAQ page.
If you are looking for a way to make your home smell amazing, or for a great housewarming gift, I highly recommend Whiff and Sniff Candles!


2 comments:

  1. This reminds me, I need to find my old burner! Or just buy a new one. That sounds more fun. Will definitely try whiff & sniff when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I'll have a look at that website... :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one! I also love to respond :)