Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday

Yesterday the boy and I went out to the beach to watch a very cute bass player and his band. Okay, so I'm a bit biased, I'll admit it. My husband and a couple of his friends have been playing together for a few months now and they had their first real gig (they've played an open mic a couple of nights) at a restaurant on the beach. It's just a side hobby thing for them, they all have played music forever and are super excited to be getting back into it. The Mr. and the guitarist in this band used to have a band with another friend when we were teens and played at a few places around town all the time. Then we moved away when we got married and he didn't play with other people for most of the 9 years we were gone. I'm happy he's able to get back to his first true love in life, playing music.

The Mr. is the one in red (yes, that is a pool outside of the restaurant! I sooo wanted to jump in, but did not want to freeze my arse off so I refrained)


I swear there were some other people outside of the picture's view here!


It was insanely windy


Their two best songs are "Yer Blues" by The Beatles (which I had never even heard before my guy started practicing it) and "The Bends" by Radiohead. I don't have video of them performing, so enjoy the real thing. They sound just like that, I promise ;)



1 comment:

  1. Ahh I didn't know you brought Layton! We totally would have came!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one! I also love to respond :)